WHO ARE WE?
The Creative team is responsible for all creative work across toys & product design, product development, marketing, photography.
We're a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny & innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs & their people. We don't take ourselves too seriously, & love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
BARK is looking for a photo retouching assistant to join the in-house photo team. Reporting to the Lead Photo Retoucher, the Photo Retouching Assistant will be responsible for editing, retouching, & organizing BARK product & lifestyle shots for both print & digital needs. S/he will work closely with key members of the studio team & art directors to deliver high quality imagery & follow all post-production workflow processes to deliver final assets to our internal DAM system and/or external partner portals.
- Retouch a high volume of product & lifestyle imagery for print & digital needs
- Ensure color & size consistency across all images per sku
- Edit images in accordance with brand standards & style guidelines
- Save, tag & manage organization of images on internal DAM system
- Submit images to internal & external partners
- Respond to team members requesting imagery
- Actively review images for quality assurance, consistency & optimization
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years experience in retouching images
- Thorough understanding of digital editing processes & related software
- Proficient in Adobes Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Lightroom & Bridge
- Highly skilled at color correcting, resizing, & general photo editing techniques such as masking, cloning/healing, dodging/burning
- Experience processing Camera Raw, TIFF, PNG & JPEG image files, file optimization & management
- Strong visual sensibility & a meticulous eye for detail
- Able to work collaboratively, with a solution-oriented mindset
- Able to work quickly & efficiently with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining quality deliverables
- A self-starter with a curious mind, who continually seeks ways to improve processes & build efficiencies within the team.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.