Harrys is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Front End) to join our team!
About the Team
Harry's is a next-generation consumer packaged goods company focused on expanding & strengthening our DTC brands.The engineering team launches & maintains the software that supports these brands. We value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
The engineering team at Harry's is responsible for building full-stack services to support all e-commerce activities. These systems range from order & fulfillment systems, to customer facing websites.
About the Role
We're looking for a senior software engineer who is interested in e-commerce & cares about providing a quality experience to our users.
This role is part of the front end engineering team, which powers harrys.com shopflamingo.com & shopheadquarters.com. Youll also contribute to internal tools & our component library, the Forge.Youll work closely with product management & design teams to achieve business goals, while driving engineering excellence & best practices in our engineering organization. The systems & software you build will help us serve thoughtful & delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
We use cutting-edge technologies like GraphQL, TypeScript, & Gatsby, & deploy many times a day. Dont worry if youre not familiar with any or all of those yet we have a strong culture of mentorship at Harrys & well support you as you get up to speed.
What you will accomplish:
- Works effectively autonomously & collaborates within small teams as necessary to create high quality work products.
- Emerging leader starting to demonstrate ability to lead small teams through the delivery of defined deliverables.
- Will inspire the team to share ideas & creatively solve problems. When working autonomously, will use the opportunity to create clear & complete examples (exemplars), frameworks, or other auxiliary work products to enhance the ability of others to work autonomously or in collaborative teams.
- Work with all the engineers across the squads to ensure that our front-end code reflects our high standards of quality & practice.
- Work closely with Product & Design to ensure that user-facing features are executed in a way that accurately reflects the intention & eye for detail of those teams, while still applying our standards & rigor to that process.
- Build high-quality, high-value software, & be an advocate for front-end technologies across the engineering team.
Requirements for the role:
- A Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar (or equivalent non-traditional training) & 3+ years experience
- Demonstrates close working relationships with back-end engineers & understands how best to integrate a front-end toolchain into a modern web stack.
- Experience & willingness to work closely with our designers to build enjoyable UIs that will delight our customers.
- Excitement about delivering high quality products.
The type of engineer were looking for:
- Youre always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- You have a sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
- You work effectively autonomously & collaborate within small teams as necessary to create high quality work products.
- You inspire the team to share ideas & creatively solve problems. When working autonomously, you use the opportunity to create clear & complete examples, frameworks, or other auxiliary work products to enhance the ability of others to work autonomously or in collaborative teams.
The tools you will use:
Wed love if you had:
- Experience with TypeScript, GraphQL & Gatsby
- Experience working on NodeJS applications
- Experience working with back-end engineers
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of the frontend engineering team
- Working with the new brands engineering team
- Cross-functionally working with our infrastructure services backend engineers
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.