Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. & Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart & Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, & machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands & local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools & insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box & ecommerce giants. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About this role
Were looking for a Customer Experience Lead who will help drive forward our strategy & vision, by managing a world-class customer support team. Faire is only successful because of its customers, & we need someone who can bridge customer delight through teams with technology. As a Customer Experience Lead, you will manage a team of high performing, front-line customer support specialists to ensure we can continue advocating for the customer in a consistent & delightful manner. The position will report into the Customer Experience Manager in [LOCATION] & work closely with other functional leaders to ensure we are building the best experience for Faires customers.
What you'll do
- Lead a customer centric, motivated & high performing support team
- Foster a strong team culture, focused around customer-centricity & going above & beyond
- Align with CX leadership around operating processes & team performance
- Manage the day to day operations of a front line support team, including scheduling, training, 1:1s, knowledge management, etc.
- Build accountability by setting clear goals & objectives to achieve key individual & team performance metrics
- Coach & mentor individuals on your team to enable growth opportunities
- Empower your team to surface issues that help Faire build better products
- Collaborate with other CX leads & cross-functional partners (e.g., product, engineering & design) to iterate on internal tooling
What we need
- 2+ years of experience in operations or customer support
- 2+ years prior people management experience
- Ability to inspire & motivate individuals & teams
- Excellent written & verbal communicator
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure & deliver results
- Ability to use data to inform key decision making & monitor individual & team performance
- Ability to balance competing priorities with proven record of delivering results
What would stand out
- Experience within a fast-paced environment
- Relevant support experience at marketplaces
Why youll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling & our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business & taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech & machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology & data to connect brands & boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious & resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done & come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity & data in our decision making & reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product & engineering leads from Square. Were backed by some of the top investors in retail & tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, & DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, Atlanta, & Salt Lake City. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire & our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.