About the role.
We want Policygenius to be the home of the best personal finance journalism on the internet, with writing that helps our customers make the smartest decisions with their money. Were looking for a reporter with a discerning news sense & a high motor to produce that journalism.
The Staff Reporter will come up with stories, report on the most urgent personal finance news & write clear, concise & fascinating stories that help our readers understand the complicated & sometimes strange world of money. This role will report to our Magazine Managing Editor to help create must-read content & find stories no one else is telling.
In this role, you will
- Conceive of, research, report & write personal finance stories, including news briefs, explainers & features.
- Collaborate with our Magazine team to design & implement strategy for our personal finance content.
- Refresh & optimize our existing library of content to grow traffic to published stories.
- Ideate & execute on great stories, told in a variety of ways.
- Assist other members of the content team with writing & editing as needed teamwork makes the dream work!
Wed love to hear from you if
- You have 1+ years editorial experience, Bachelors degree preferred
- You have excellent editorial judgment & writing skills
- You have demonstrated reporting ability & arecomfortable identifying reliable sources you don't mind calling strangers & asking them questions
- You have knowledge of personal finance fundamentals
- You are familiar with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, & buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO & co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, & weve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, were proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (weve doubled in size year over year!), weve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, & humor, & we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, & creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why weve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated & is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives & opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, & excellence across all parts of our company, & are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!