iCapital is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $139 billion in global client assets invested in 1,116 funds, as of August 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; & a two-time winner of MMI/Barrons Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
The Quant team at iCapital drives our platform capability to deliver industry-leading analytical insights that help CIOs, researchers, advisors, & GPs manage multi-asset portfolios & utilize alternative assets to meet long-term investment objectives. The team consists of Quantitative Researchers & Quantitative Developers that together research, define, & implement models that will guide clients in portfolio construction, asset allocation, & risk management. Team members have diverse backgrounds such as finance, economics, math, physics, quantitative finance, computer science, & other science & engineering fields. They collaborate closely with business-side colleagues, product managers, platform architects, & software developers to deliver analytics for the firms clients.
The Quant Researchers core mission is to research & construct proprietary quantitative modeling methodologies to underpin the portfolio risk analytics capabilities of the firms commercial technology platform. Researchers apply established financial economic theory & statistical learning techniques to a combination of proprietary, public, & third-party data. They define & statistically test innovative analytical methodologies & portfolio risk analytics capabilities. These tools help our clients construct & manage multi-asset portfolios including alternative assets such as hedge fund, private equity, private credit, real estate, structured investments, annuities, & digital assets.
- Understand the latest research in behavioral finance, portfolio analytics, & risk management across academia & industry practitioners, with a focus on alternative assets.
- Replicate, assess, and/or improve on empirical methodologies from academic literature published in general interest finance & economics journals.
- Apply data analytics techniques from both traditional statistics & machine learning to a combination of proprietary, public, & third-party data.
- Define & assess innovative proprietary analytical methodologies for portfolio construction & risk management.
- Prototype new quantitative models & collaborate closely with quant developers as well as other teams to productionize the models.
- Write peer-reviewed or white papers & documentation on proprietary research results & modeling methodologies.
- Present research results to stakeholders & clients.
- Ph.D. in finance, economics, or related discipline ideally
- 1-5 years of industry experience in quantitative research
- Proficiency in a scientific coding language (R or Julia preferred)
- Learned or applied experience with utility-based portfolio theory, discrete choice modeling, & structural estimation using techniques such as Generalized Method of Moments (GMM/SMM) and/or MCMC
- A working knowledge of Bayesian inference
- Familiarity with standard statistical techniques such as non-parametric & parametric bootstrapping, the delta method, & basic asymptotics
- Experience working with panels of financial data
- Prior experience in writing research papers
- Strong interest in portfolio construction & risk management
- Able to work in a dynamic & fast-paced environment
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; unlimited paid time off (PTO) & parental leave.
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days & remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.