Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Manage one of Visa's largest global processor partner client relationships & business development activities with a dedicated team of 10-15 people, spanning across multiple geographic regions & client business lines
- Deliver on specific & aggressive client account plans focused on Visa acquiring & issuer processing products & services, including traditional products, emerging digital solutions, white-labeled services, and/or open platform extensions to processors
- Become the voice of the partner to Visa executive management & internal constituents that are responsible for building appropriate products & services to sell to financial institution clients through external processing partners
- Coordinate all initiative-related sales activities with the Visa's SVP of Global Processing & Partner Solutions, as well as with Visa's various Regional Presidents & their leadership teams
- Monitor marketplace trends to influence our processing strategies & advance new opportunities
- Develop & pursue new strategic opportunities through a strong understanding of client's businesses, including emerging payment processing strategies aligned with Visa's overall strategy that incorporate real-time payments, digital banking, business-to-business (B2B) payments, alternative lending, cooperative data intelligence/analytics, & consulting/advisory solutions
- Build & deepen relationships/partnerships with client's executive management team(s)
- Proactively identify & solve complex problems that impact management, relationship & direction of the business
- Manage pricing strategies to win business while preserving Visa revenue requirements
- Prepare proposals, RFP's, & negotiate contractual relationships with various internal & external stakeholders
- Continuously review client & market landscape & recommend, develop, & implement new & creative approaches that ensure partner business objectives are met while growing the Visa business
- Participate on relevant cross-functional teams (internal / external) that include representation from Product, Technology, Corporate Strategy, Digital Innovation, Operations, Marketing, Consulting, Risk & Market Research groups
- A minimum of 15 years business development experience with related processing sales & relationship management experience in the payments industry; issuer/acquirer processing experience/functional processing understanding is critical.
- Demonstrated superior people management over remote sales/RM teams
- Ability to manage & grow internal & external resources & cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrated track record of providing guidance & influence across multiple levels within a client organization, including senior executive management
- Background in planning, managing & closing complex sales efforts, including difficult contract negotiation & execution capabilities
- Ability to implement strategic initiatives, including market sales plans, policies, & operational decisions
- Proven technical/operational project management skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels, including executive management
- Excellent strategic thinking & analytic skills with a proven track record of creating solutions that increase revenue
- Up to 40% domestic & international travel
Located in Atlanta or New York City
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 40% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.