Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director of Digital Channel Strategy is responsible for:
Leading a team that defines the strategy & drives the evolution of our external owned digital communication channels. These channels include our corporate blog & social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, & Glassdoor).
Partnering with regional & corporate communications leads to develop & execute compelling digital content programs that are aligned with ongoing business initiatives & the corporate narrative to drive high engagement among targeted stakeholders to advance Visa's business goals & the company's reputation.
This leader will report to the Vice President of Global Corporate & North America Communications. The Senior Director is an experienced digital strategist, storyteller & channel manager with the ability to translate communications programs to work in the digital world, combined with the ability to create a metrics driven, strategic approach that will help us define success. The Senior Director works in partnership with communications & marketing partners, technology partners & others in the business to deliver integrated communications programs that create targeted, impactful, & measureable results
You are results-oriented professional with 10 +years of digital storytelling & integrated communications experience, with knowledge of running digital & social channels.
You have prior experience with channels management & content distribution, both in North America & internationally.
You have a srong track record in editing, managing & creating content for a variety of communications platforms.
You have proven experience managing teams & processes to deliver efficient output & results.
Broad understanding of the conventions & best practice' of social media platforms.
Intimate knowledge & understanding of SEO & Analytics.
Distinct understanding of web/mobile UX/UI design & testing.
You have prior experience collaborating with UX/UI teams to define modern, highly engaging digital experiences.
Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or other content management systems.
Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop a plus.
Knowledge of basic design & development criteria including responsive vs adaptive sites.
Experience working with all range of communications apps & platforms (e.g. PowerPoint, intranets, collaboration tools, social listening, blogs, video, photography etc.)
- Be responsible for setting the channel strategy for Visa's external owned digital communication channels, metrics, KPIs, working model, & running the team operations.
- Partner closely with communications leads to plan & execute a content & platform strategy that drives high engagement by creating & defining a working model with the rest of the team to understand how they can plug into these channels for their plans, driving integrated communications efforts.
- Lead an integrated team that supports digital, video, social, print, design (infographics)
- Serve as digital storyteller & editor & chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity, consistency & alignment to Visa's business & reputational goals.
- Write, edit, design social & blog content that aligns with Visa's voice, & establish standards & processes to ensure consistently high quality of content to support business objectives across the team.
- Build & manage the company's social media profiles & presence, creating a channel strategy for each social network to advise regional & corporate communications leads on how they utilize these channels in ongoing programs.
- Create integrated editorial calendars for each channel
- Develop & evangelize KPIs & reporting methodology for channel metrics in a dashboard format that facilitates sharing of insights
- Set a budget & a paid strategy for each social channel in line with our KPIs & goals.
- Establish strong relationships & processes with the broader Communications teams & content owners across the organization to align roles & requirements, solidify content & evolve the various channels.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure alignment of activities & to identify synergies
- Manage a design agency to evolve the channels based on audience needs & Visa's goals/priorities.
- Manage the team's budget to ensure dollars are allocated appropriately based on the various roadmaps.
- Use agile methodologies to ensure project timelines are met & under budget.
- Maintain an understanding of web/mobile design trends to continually upgrade digital experiences.
- Collect, monitor & analyze social & website metrics & make improvements accordingly.
- Stay updated on industry trends & adjust content & channels strategy as needed.
- Exceptional communicator with outstanding oral, written, editing & presentation skills.
- Strong leader & strategic thinker with ability to provide timely strategic & tactical guidance to communication staff & cross-functional business partners.
- Effective collaborator through the use of influence & inspiration to achieve desired results.
- Excellent organizational & project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, including strengths in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation & team building.
- Hands-on team player who builds strong relationships internally & externally.
- Self-starter, who is nimble, flexible & comfortable working in an environment where priorities can change quickly.
- Analytical leader who can manage & adapt strategy/execution under deadline pressure.
- Diplomat & mentor.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones & computers), reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically & internationally up to 15-20%.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.