Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are the voice of & advocate for the user. You have a background in software product design & have experience working with engineering & product management teams. You enjoy the full lifecycle of product development from ideation, user research & conception to wireframing, user testing; & high fidelity mocks. You are a clear & effective communicator with both designers & members outside of the design team. You enjoy working in a warm, growing, environment & value being part of an energetic, fun & creative team.
What Youll Do Here
As a Product Designer on our Agent Experience team, you will be responsible for designing software-based experiences that Real Estate Agents use to power their business. While in this role, you will:
- Work on broadly defined concepts, as well as specific tactical deliverables.
- Focus on what you do best whether thats sketches, wireframes, user research, prototypes, designs, or codeand youll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills youre looking to develop.
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, & engineering teams.
- Participate in design reviews & share your work regularly with the design team & company leadership.
- Contribute to & help develop our product process & design systems.
- An uncompromising service-mindset towards our users & your colleagues, & are able to set & achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, & all of HomeLight.
- 3+ years of experience designing software products working directly with engineering, design, & product management teams.
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, & ease of use.
- Experience designing for business & consumer-focused products.
- Dedication to keep pushing your work until all details are attended to.
- Experience explaining your work, process, & decisions to cross-functional stakeholders & crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Experience in systems thinking & are able to extrapolate & extend shared patterns & behaviors.
- A love for working with other designers & are dedicated to help them learn & grow.