The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The Manager of Stylists is responsible for managing a group of in-store Stylists in one of our retail locations to grow new & existing consignor relationships. Manager of Stylists are responsible for driving the shop experience, developing business strategies with the Stylist team & regular collaboration with in-store leaders. As we position ourselves as a leader in the expert experiences space, the Manager of Stylists is responsible for recruiting top level Stylists & continuing their development to ensure we lead in industry knowledge & execution. Reports Directly to the Director of Stylist with 10+ direct reports.
This position is based in New York, NY & will report to Senior Manager Stylists.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with in-store leadership to ensure all business revenue goals are made - both supply & demand.
- Develop top-level weekly, monthly & quarterly strategies to drive in store business & consignor relationships.
- Action plan with individual Stylists to ensure effective outreach strategies, consignor follow-up & appointment setting.
- Drive a 360 degree store experience by ensuring that the team is introducing customers to all TRR services & delivering on experience expectations.
- Effectively drive omni-channel selling in the store location.
- Quality check Stylist service initiatives, including; quality of in-home appointments, quality of in-store appointments, communication to clients, etc.
- Be an ambassador for luxury fashion - able to inspire those on the shop floor.
- Possess industry leading knowledge in topics such as: history of fashion, American fashion houses, EU fashion houses, fashion vocabulary, etc.
- Conduct regular trainings & meetings with Stylist team to drive both business initiatives & in-store learning.
- Recruit, retain, coach & develop top level Stylist talent.
- Ensure effective onboarding & training of new hires, utilizing all company tools.
- Deliver regular feedback to partners in the field & headquarters.
- Collaborate with in-store peer leadership to align on strategies & work as one team.
- Possess a strong understanding of 4-wall product feedback & product needs.
- Demonstrates skills in building personal credibility & behaving with the highest ethical standards.
- Respects & treats others fairly & inspires trust with all constituencies.
- Ability to lead career development of self & others by attracting & retaining high performing talent.
- Ability to manage organizational change productively by driving continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates the ability to implement & maintain a luxurious culture focused on the client experience in a long-term, consistent manner.
- Polished in verbal & written communication.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university.
- 3+ years experience creating & delivering on key initiatives & goals.
- 3+ years experience working in the luxury space in a client facing role.
- Team player able to work effectively & collaboratively across all departments to meet goals & deadlines.
- Experience managing a high volume service oriented business, with a reporting structure of at least 10 direct reports.