Proofreader (Transcription Editor) | Remote | Full-Time
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search, connecting the world's top professionals with the world's best knowledge. As part of our growth strategy, we are developing & improving our transcription services, known as AlphaScribes, for our global business clientele. AlphaScribes refers to AlphaSights experienced, high-performing team of transcriptionists & transcription suppliers who provide the company with best-in-class, accurate & timely transcription work.
Were looking for highly experienced, detail-oriented Transcription Proofreaders to join the AlphaScribes team. By joining our team on a full-time basis, Transcription Proofreaders will have the opportunity to join & shape an elite team from the ground up. As one of our Transcription Proofreaders, your primary responsibility is to ensure that the high transcription quality standards set by AlphaSights are always met. Successful candidates will have an advanced proficiency in business transcription, familiarity working with an intelligent/clean verbatim transcription style for business documentation, across multiple subject matters, & bring a professional & committed work ethic to the job each & every day.
Responsibilities will be comprised of but not limited to:
- Accessing audio & transcript files via the AlphaSights internal platform
- Verifying & correcting the spelling of brands, products, industry terms & company names mentioned in the transcription
- Correcting grammar & spelling in transcript files using MS Word track changes
- Checking transcripts for readability & adherence to the AlphaSights house Style Guide
- Grading each of the reviewed files in accordance with AlphaSights 5-point system, providing grading across seven key categories
- Providing feedback summaries on transcript files
- Escalating any gross violations of Style Guide, unfinished transcripts & major quality lapses to our Quality Assurance Manager, as part of the transcriptionist team evaluation
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven track record & a minimum of 2 years of experience as a full-time editor/proofreader/content quality checker in a business setting
- Superior proofing & editing skills
- Authoritative grammar & spelling skills
- Strong attention to detail & the ability to work effectively within strict production schedule deadlines.
- Degree in English or related subject; or equivalent experience
- Superior knowledge of MS Word & Excel. Above average knowledge of Google Docs & Google Sheets
- Candidates must have excellent oral & flawless written command of English & have access to their own transcription software, such as Express Scribe or similar.
Job Type: Full-time, Remote (work from home), salaried