1stDibs is seeking a leader to help expand our carrier network to support growth initiatives. As Carrier Manager, you will be instrumental in assisting to identify & implement providers as our business continues to expand internationally. While this position has broad scope, the EU & UK are areas of focus.
We are seeking an individual to refine our group of in-home, freight, specialty, & parcel carriers & complementary service providers to assemble a best-in-class Logistics offering for all of our categories. The ideal candidate is an industry professional who can identify providers with the optimal mix of cost, speed, service, & technology to deliver the best customer experiences.
What you'll do:
- Identify new service providers & assess current stable of providers to find the optimal mix to serve internal & external customers needs & meet business goals & requirements
- Refine onboarding program for new service providers
- Manage pilot programs with new providers
- Negotiate terms of agreements & contracts with service providers
- Oversee regular meetings with service providers & operations teams
- Schedule periodic business reviews with existing service providers to review performance
- Identify potential synergies across providers to create more seamless experiences
- Mentor providers to create win-win growth strategies
- Solicit feedback from internal stakeholders to ensure provider strategies align with goals
- Work with Product team to identify improvements to platform & foster implementation of provider technologies
- Advocate & evangelize for 1stDibs Logistics
- You have 3-7 years experience in Logistics, preferably with a variety of roles & responsibilities, including related to transportation service providers.
- Experience with transportation & handling of fine art, furniture/home goods, & high value items is a plus
- Experience with digital & ecommerce is a plus
- You have a thorough understanding of industry terms & norms
- You can effectively identify & define service requirements & translate them into measurable SLAs, SOPs, operating protocols, etc.
- Experience negotiating contracts & agreements is a plus
- You are a critical thinker & love solving complex problems
- You can balance strategic goals & operational details
- You have an ability to understand analytics & use data to manage service providers
- You can communicate effectively across all levels of organizations, as a speaker, writer, & listener
- You have a track-record of developing strong working relationships with service providers
- You are organized, can work autonomously, & manage your time efficiently
- You have a Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experience)
- You are fluent in English & preferably, German and/or French
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the Wyboston office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.