NS1s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers & the world. We are the market leader in DNS & traffic management software & services, & our customers include the biggest properties & largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, & many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling & processes of todays DevOps organizations, & deliver reliability & performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, & also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
Pulsar is an active traffic steering engine that utilizes last-mile performance data from real end users to optimize traffic delivery. Pulsar automates traffic routing to improve the quality of experience of every end user by sending them to the most performant content delivery network or data centre.
Pulsar solves complex problems in Video Streaming, optimizing the quality of experience for all viewers while helping broadcasters & content providers get the most from their infrastructure investment by simplifying multi-CDN orchestration. Were continuing to innovate in this space to solidify our place as a market leader.
Were looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our Pulsar team. Working closely with product, design & engineering leadership to understand business goals & desired customer outcomes, you will collaborate with the team to craft solutions that meet those objectives in the NS1 way, with a focus on simplicity & ease of use. Were looking for an experienced team member who can lead a stream of work from solution design to production, coordinating & upskilling a small team of engineers.
Were looking for a self starter who can immerse themselves in our platform immediately, leveraging existing technical strengths & teaching themselves the systems that are new to them. You should have a broad knowledge of the technologies in modern infrastructure operations & automation & be able to offer constructive advice for improvements while using & scaling the systems in our existing platform. Youll take responsibility for the quality of your code, & your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
- At least one of: Python, C, C++ or Go
- Strong experience in Docker
- Experience working with Postgres
- Excellent UNIX & networking knowledge
- Strong Linux systems programming skills
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Ability to design with modern internet infrastructure operation in mind, including metrics, logging, automation, etc
Nice to have:
- Video delivery
- DNS protocol
- Layer 4-7 load balancing
- Containers, SDN & other tools in the modern DevOps toolkit
- Linux kernel tuning, user-space networking
Our technology stack at NS1, & the many systems youll have an opportunity to work with here:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS platform thats deployed on physical hardware
- Anycasted edge network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API & Client Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection & alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, & DDoS mitigation tools
- Distributed messaging, persistent DB & caching systems
- Other technologies & integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Go, Python, Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- ELK, Grafana
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, & libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients & integrations
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary & stock options)
- medical, dental, & vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours & time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.