Sales Director, Origination
Location: New York or Hybrid Remote
We have an office in New York City & this position can be based in the office or hybrid remote (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction).
Timeline: Flexible Start Date
We are currently interviewing for both Q4 & Q1 start dates.
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy & run more than 3500 apps at more than 2400 financial institutions.
About the Role
We are hiring for a seasoned Sales Director, Origination to join our growing US Sales team! Sales Directors (SDs) within the Origination Group are responsible for expanding OpenFins footprint across & throughout the broader Financial Services landscape. The SD will work to build new relationships & penetrate firms & vertices with whom OpenFin is not actively engaged. Driving adoption of the OpenFin technology across new vertices & increasing the overall customer base is at the core of this position's responsibilities.
Commercial success will be achieved by building & maintaining a significant pipeline of opportunities, effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition, & developing a customer centric solution. The primary measure of success for this role is achieving sales targets. SDs will also represent the company at industry events & assist with lead generation strategies.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of previous experience in generating & closing significant deals. Preferably with a substantial amount of time dedicated to enterprise SaaS/software/technology business sales, within the financial services market, while being well versed in sales processes that accelerate successful outcomes. Experience selling to banks & asset managers along with a strong network is highly preferred.
- Generating new business by identifying prospects & initiating effective contact
- Building & progressing a significant pipeline of opportunities & navigating the complete sales cycle
- Partnering with customers to understand their ongoing business needs & objectives
- Effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition through proposals & presentations
- Quickly developing a deep understanding of OpenFins product & underlying technology & an ability to communicate OpenFin product benefits to senior business & technology stakeholders
What Were Looking For
- Extensive experience in SaaS sales with a proven track record closing six figure enterprise deals (seven figure deals experience is a plus/desired but not required)
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products & services to drive a sales process from plan to close
- Excellent technical aptitude & the ability to understand OpenFin product offerings & position products against competitors
- A genuine enthusiasm & interest in both technology & OpenFins product
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, listening, negotiation & presentation skills
What Were Offering