At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for dynamic, talented Community Organizers to authentically engage inside of local markets, supporting & promoting Lyft's policy initiatives as well as spearheading local proactive reforms. Reporting to the National Regional Community leads, Community Organizers will be a key part of building the Lyft movement & achieving public policy progress for Lyft nationwide.
As the face of Lyft in their local community, Community Organizers will build relationships with Lyft drivers, riders, & community allies in order to engage them on policy issues that impact their lives. This person will also help engage the community around Lyfts Social Impact work through the Wheels for All program.
- Help develop & execute against comprehensive community affairs strategies & campaigns at the regional, state, & local level across the central part of the United States
- Work cross-functionally across the Lyft organization locally to build relationships with drivers, riders, & other essential members of the Lyft community & to engage those key community members in meaningful action to further Lyfts policy & social impact goals
- Work closely with Public Policy Managers to develop & execute a local community engagement strategy that will support the ridesharing movement & Lyft's local legislative initiatives
- Build a diverse coalition of supporters by managing relationships with local nonprofits, community organizations, & trade associations in Lyft's markets
- Create and execute scalable rapid response & long-term grassroots engagement strategies at the local, state, & regional levels
- Plan & staff government relations events such as community meetings, rallies, outreach sessions, meetups, etc.
- Recruit & train Lyft activists who will advocate for ridesharing in meetings & hearings with lawmakers, regulators as well as local media
- Coordinate & execute the use of political tactics such as advertising, in-district meetings, rallies, 1:1 meetings, etc.
- Bachelors degree & 2+ years experience as an organizer/regional manager, digital strategist, for political campaigns (preferably city and/or state level)
- Experience in local regional politics is a plus
- Experience recruiting & remotely managing volunteers & surrogates
- Knowledge of best-in-class organizing strategy & tactics
- Strong understanding of digital organizing & social media engagement
- Impeccable event organization skills
- Command of guerrilla marketing & offline advertising tactics
- Passionate commitment to the Lyft community & the sharing economy
- Charismatic in-person presence & public speaking ability
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.