At Pocket we love what we do, but more meaningfully we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pockets content platform has become essential to how people discover & consume content worthy of their time & attention. Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles & videos to Pocket to-date.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We're hoping you'll be ready to jump in & get into the details, too. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) & that means lots of opportunity to grow, to help drive new product & go-to-market strategies & to make a tremendous impact daily.
Pocket is now seeking an intelligent, self-motivated & resourceful individual to join as a Brand Partnerships Director in New York or San Francisco to help take our thriving integrated media, ad sales & content research sales efforts to a new level. You should have an active network of client/agency relationships & a consistent track record of building & delivering solid sales solutions in an effective & scalable way. This is a fabulous opportunity & an excellent environment for someone looking to advance their career & be part of an innovative & dynamic organization.
The Brand Partnerships Executive is responsible for building success by identifying, qualifying & selling prospects & existing clients on the value of Pocket. This role is responsible creating an actionable plan of execution for account prioritization, building upon existing relationships & to ultimately sell Pocket products & solutions to advertisers. The best candidate brings existing agency & client relationships with her or him to the table, & they are comfortable presenting at a transactional level; all the while evangelizing, educating & influencing buying teams at major agencies. Youll be responsible for a targeted list of clients & agencies in a defined geographic territory.
What youll do:
- Build & maintain effective relationships at both agency & client direct in defined territory
- Develop leads & maintain a strong sales pipeline to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to meet revenue goals
- Assess potential business deals, through RFP response & pursue proactive opportunities via strategic partnerships
- Establish account & opportunity management plans for your territory that are consistent with Pockets growth goals
- Utilize a solution-selling philosophy by listening to key business requirements & selling through Pockets advertising solutions to meet client needs.
- Have firm understanding of competitive landscape & utilize this knowledge to your advantage while contending for business
- Network at industry relevant functions to increase Pockets visibility & connect with new clients
- Present client feedback to Pocket Product & Marketing teams & work to develop new sales offerings to meet your clients needs
- 4+ years digital media sales experience with consistent track record of exceeding sales goals & managing a quota
- Extremely organized with strong time management & prioritization skills
- Ability to develop strategic relationships with marketers & brands by handling a high volume of sales calls & meetings per day/week
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable taking ownership of the entire sales process
- Strong understanding of branding, brand storytelling & content marketing campaigns.
- Exceptional verbal, writing & presentation skills
- A swift decision maker, able to confidently deliver quality in a rapidly growing & changing organization
- Comfortable in high level conversations with VP & above level brand marketers & agency executives with the ability to negotiate & close business deals
- Advanced knowledge of online media who strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft
- Immersed in digital culture, with knowledge of trends & innovation in the digital space
- Maintain proper adherence to company standards
Learn more on our blog. To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting & hiring process & is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.