Peloton is looking for a VP of Platform to establish a vision, mission, & strategy for the growing Platform Engineering Organization. This candidate will be leading the SRE, Infrastructure, & Performance teams. This individual should thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, & should be eager to make an immediate impact upon joining the team.
- Establish vision, mission, & strategy for the platform engineering team.
- Act as the General Manager for the platform team, leading the team with a focus on creating business value. Obsess over operational metrics & strategic KPIs, with an eye towards continuously improving developer velocity & Peloton service scale, speed, & reliability.
- Build & own platform business operations with an eye towards cost engineering, vendor management, & drive key build vs buy decisions for platform services.
- Own & execute on the platform's strategic road map to drive reliability, security, & developer efficiency for all software & application development teams in Peloton.
- Lead Pelotons micro-services initiative & execute on transforming Pelotons central application into decentralized services to unlock speed.
- Lead Pelotons Data Infrastructure initiative that accelerates Pelotons data applications including AI/ML & Data Analytics.
- Consumer Identity & Access Management service, cloud infrastructure, data storage service, observability tooling, logging, & developer tools & infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the cyber security team to ensure Pelotons cloud infrastructure is meeting key operational security metrics.
- Continuously improve engineering processes & maintain collaboration between the platform team & other development teams.
- Develop & own the cost engineering philosophy & collaborate across development teams to drive continuous cost improvements.
- 10-15+ years in a leadership/management capacity around cloud infrastructure, software development on top of cloud infrastructure, & running cloud operations.
- Technology leader with experience attracting senior technical & product talents.
- Experience partnering with business & product teams to architect & strategize technology & cloud platform road map
- Ability to lead an organization with data-driven business results in mind.
- Experience setting long term vision & strategy with ability to establish department-wide goals.
- Clear & persuasive communicator of data-driven analyses & data methodologies to all audiences, regardless of the level of data comprehension.
- Excellent communication, adaptability & collaboration skills.
- Experience running Agile methodology & applying Agile at scale.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.