Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the Role:
Working closely with both internal & external teams, you will be responsible for the day-to-day strategic & tactical engagement on all aspects of technical implementation for measuring clients advertising campaigns. Working from our New York City office, youll collaborate with Client Services, Product, & Engineering to support measurement & reporting setup of new products & data feeds for all client reporting purposes.
- Onboard new media partners & manage technical setup within the Placed platform
- Manage, develop, & traffic Placed pixels for measuring client ad campaigns, both directly with Media Partners as well as with Agencies
- Be the expert on pixel, macro, & tagging solutions to ensure third parties are utilizing Placed products correctly. This includes debugging via browser related tools
- Monitor incoming pixel activity to ensure campaigns are being tracked properly
- Troubleshoot campaign issues & quickly resolve discrepancies
- Ensure there are proper communication channels amongst internal teams regarding campaigns
- Own & be an expert on internal tools & analysis
- Collaborate with Product team to develop new tools as needed to make your job more efficient
- 3+ years of experience in digital Ad Ops
- A great depth of understanding on the online advertising industry: desktop, mobile (web/in-app), video, & display technologies, as well as measurement platform knowledge
- Search integration experience (SA360/GoogleAds/Bing/Kenshoo/Marin)
- Experience working with large Publishers, Ad Networks, Ad Exchanges, DSPs, & DMPs
- Knowledge of cross-device matching & partners
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or command line/SQL scripts
- Comfortable working with large data sets using a variety of tools
- Ability to write adserver specific pixels with appropriate macros
- Expertise in providing client-ready discrepancy reporting
- A self-starter who can work autonomously to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Familiarity with ad serving tools & rich-media solutions, as well as with Placed and/or other location-based measurement companies
- Previous experience in the agency space
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.