We build tools for 100+ brands & retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, & product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose & culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity & inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland & we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services
ABOUT THE ROLE: As the Quality Engineering Manager at ShopRunner, youll be leading quality engineering decisions across the organization, while managing a high performing engineering team. Well be looking to you to empower quality engineers to build high quality features at a fast & sustainable cadence.
ABOUT WHAT YOULL DO:
- Manage a distributed team of Quality Engineers who work with Product Development teams
- Develop a cross functional community of practice for all quality engineers across the company
- Analyze & evaluate existing technologies & tools in order to plan & lead the product quality process & execution improvements
- Drives the development of verification strategies, & validation strategies.
- Mentor quality engineers & own performance management of your team
- Shape the culture of the organization by being a champion of quality engineering best practices
ABOUT WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years experience as a quality engineer; experience being on an agile software engineering team is a plus
- 3+ years people management experience
- 3+ years experience testing, automation, automation tools
- 3+ years roadmap execution experience
- Expert in creating User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, & writing test cases.
- Experience testing view, service, & data layers of an application
- Experience with release management tools
- Broad understanding of test automation, where it works & where it doesnt
- A solid understanding of database concepts & experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL is a plus
- Self-driven, actively looks for ways to add value, & knows how to get things done
- Has good verbal communication & reasoning skills, including the ability to make a case for testability & testing technology in our code
- A PLUS: Expertise on a variety of automation tools
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are & consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.