BuzzFeed Video is looking for a resourceful Production Manager to bring their production & organizational skills to the LA office & our interactive video team. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly with the various departments working on Eko videos this year.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position, based in BuzzFeeds LA office, overflowing with perks from unlimited coffee & snacks to free lunch twice a week!
- Support Eko productions throughout each projects lifespan; from pre-production to wrap
- Collaborate with & support producers & supervising producers throughout all projects & processes
- Plan & support internal kick-off & production meetings
- Assist in the building & management of multiple batch video budgets & schedules
- Book & manage freelance production crews
- Collaborate with project managers, creative, post, casting, & studio ops teams throughout each project
- Work with producers & accounting to process payroll, reimbursement, & check request paperwork for submission
- Process, track, & report production wrap books & expenses
- Collaborate to develop & improve upon production resources, process, & responsibilities
- Must have 4 years of production experience
- Self-identified logistics master
- Has experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Scenechronize or comparable budgeting & scheduling software
- Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
- This position is approximately 40 hours a week
- Ability to work in high-pressure, fast-paced production environment
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules / plans
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion
- Ability to work independently & with a team
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation & benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.