Food & Beverage Manager For Five Caf
Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
What Youll Do:
The Food & Beverage (F&B) Manager is responsible for all the daily operations of the For Five Caf, ensuring consistency with our Convene culture, providing world-class customer service, & managing the staff. The F&B Manager will lead by example & foster an employee-centric environment while focusing the caf staff on maximizing sales & productivity in the Caf. The F&B Manager selects, hires & develops Caf staff & assists with any needs.
- Manages & motivates the Caf team including hiring, firing, performance management & employee recognition
- Trains new employees & provides ongoing training for all Caf staff
- Develops & implements Caf policies & procedures
- Coordinates Caf team schedule, covering different shifts if necessary
- Serves as the lead customer service contact in Caf for customers & building manager including answering questions & other client communication
- Acts as a liaison between Caf & all other departments, communicating relevant information to Caf staff as needed
- Establishes, monitors & analyzes Caf budget & manages monthly p&ls
- Manages cost of goods & meets budget expectations
- Manages vendor relationships & maintains inventory
- Responsible for keeping Caf area clean, neat & orderly
- Orders any supplies needed for the Caf
- Conducts departmental meetings
- Manages Caf Supervisor
- Assists in other areas of the F&B operation as needed (vertical catering, meetings, etc.)
What We Look For:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in food & beverage management
- Strong knowledge of coffee & teas, mixology
- Proven excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven good organizational skills
- Must be highly motivated & ready to lead
- Must have a good understanding of food & beverage operations
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office- Word, Excel & Internet use
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance
- Flexible & long hours sometimes required
- Able to move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Creative thinker able assist with marketing activations in the caf.
Convene (www.convene.com) designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago & plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 LinkedIn Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits You Can Expect As A Convene Employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.