Squarespace is seeking a strategic Product Marketing Manager to help establish our product as the all-in-one platform bringing creative ideas to life. You will develop the positioning, messaging, & go-to-market strategy for products that empower millions of individuals, creative professionals, & small businesses to build a sophisticated online & social presence. With an analytical approach & a deep understanding of the market, you will deftly connect our product capabilities to customer needs. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams on product launch & promotion strategy, communicating the value of Squarespaces products to both internal & external audiences. In addition to working on new Squarespace products, this will also support Unfold, an app that helps anyone create elevated & engaging stories for social media with award-winning templates.
This role is based in our NYC headquarters & reports directly to Senior Product Marketing Manager - New Ventures. This is an opportunity to join our Marketing team at an exciting stage of growth & innovation globally.
- Develop product positioning & messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Define go-to-market strategies for new product launches & streamline the announcement process
- Build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Iterate on Squarespace & Unfolds value propositions & use cases in customer-facing messaging
- Craft a consistent & compelling narrative across channels, maintaining strong messaging hierarchy & effective content strategy plans
- Draw on qualitative & quantitative insights to understand product adoption, usage, & retention across customer segments
- Recommend new product ideas & marketing strategies
- Advise on competitive analyses & customer research efforts to understand key customer segments & define opportunities
- Partner with the Product team to help prioritize product development based on customer & market research
- Own internal communication of marketing initiatives
- Evangelize our products with the press, at events & through other channels to continue increasing awareness of Squarespaces product offering
- 3-4 years of marketing experience, with 2+ years of demonstrated success in a product marketing role, ideally in consumer tech or a closely related industry & a global focus
- Strong project management abilities to plan & execute complex cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, & visual
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear & intuitive language
- Analytical, creative, & strategic thinking & a willingness to take calculated risks
- Customer focus, with a deep understanding of the value Squarespace & Unfold provide for users
- Growth mindset, adaptability, & a drive for continuous improvement
- Mobile app experience preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.