Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Operations Manager to join our Clinical Operations team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a Senior Operations Manager supporting our Clinical Review team at Oscar, you will take ownership of our operational processes & identify areas for potential improvement. You will drive the development of processes & technology/systems improvements & facilitate cross-functional support where needed to implement strategic improvements to our operations. In addition, you will play a large role in troubleshooting any issues that arise by investigating the scope, cause & scale of the problem & driving towards solutions. You may also be interacting closely with regulatory authorities as well as Oscars external vendors.
You will report into the Associate Director, Clinical Operations.
- Surface data, process, & technology issues through proactive identification, measurement, & monitoring of our operations
- Serve as the primary day-to-day partner with our product/engineering team to develop & implement improvements to existing workflows
- Partner with our Legal & Compliance teams to lead policy & procedure clarification, stay up to date on operational policies & ensure our operations are compliant with all regulatory & quality requirements
- Manage & maintain relationships with relevant Oscar business leads as a representative of the Clinical Review operations team
- Oversee the maintenance & accuracy of several team tools, including the letter template library, desktop resources, & regular reporting
- A bachelors degree
- 6+ years of professional experience in roles with a focus on operations, implementation, and/or process management/improvement
- Experience overseeing large projects that require strong organizational skills
- 3+ Years Managing Direct reports
- Proficiency in SQL or similar database languages
- Demonstrated process improvement certifications
- Experience in health care, utilization management and/or insurance operations
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.