Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
You are the ultimate people person & can relate to anyone that sits next to you. You enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where you may be juggling multiple tasks at once but always get the job done. You are tech savvy, can identify talent & qualifying candidates who can add value to our already stellar team. You like to learn about different roles & departments within our organization so that you can relate to anyone that interviews with our company.
What Were Looking For:
Skillz is seeking a leader that will focus on employee experience, events & programs. This person will create, organize & support holistic internal experience programming that promotes productivity & connection for our Skillzians. This role will report to the Director, Workplace & partner with team members throughout the business to champion the employee experience to match the growth of our rapidly scaling business.
What You Will Do:
- Define & develop an internal events strategy to support connection throughout the rapidly growing Skillz team
- Collaborate to develop meaningful & scalable programs to support the employee experience including but not limited to celebrations, culture connections, swag, wellness, intranet, ERG, CSR, internal surveying, best places to work & more
- Own the partnerships throughout the business to develop systems & tools to align internal messaging
- Serve as the central resource & a trusted advisor to internal stakeholders in matters related to employee experience & programs
- Develop, manage & deliver upon experience & events related expectations, OKRs & budgets
- Produce measurements to assess success of the experience & events process, programs & systems
- Trains, supervises & works alongside internal & external event staff to ensure professional & meaningful outcomes
- 10+ years of experience in a similar strategic culture, internal communications and/or events role
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven success in delivering & managing professional events on time & on budget
- Thrives in a fast paced environment without sacrificing excellence
- Strong problem solver, critical thinker & obsessive planner
- Relationship driven
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization with analyses rooted in data
- Creative approach, just because something is done one way in the industry doesnt make it the right approach for Skillz
- Collaborative, doesnt make decisions in a vacuum
- Passionate & enthusiastic
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.