Were looking for an Associate Video Editor / Producer to join The Dodos Kids Programming Team within Group Nine Media. As a member of The Dodos Kids Team, youll be a key creator & contributor to Dodo Kids: our award winning brand & YouTube channel with stories that help kids fall in love with animals. This is a hands-on role requiring you to be equal parts storyteller & producer, responsible for the entire creative & production process: researching, scripting, directing, & editing episodes for our series. Youll report into the Associate Managing Producer.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Partner with our team of passionate storytellers to create & produce episodes for our kids video series, like Rescued!, Best Animal Friends, and more.
- Research, pitch, & script age-appropriate & compelling stories for kids that match our voice & brand
- Edit episodes in a dynamic style across a range of different formats & approaches: dramatic, factual, & comedic
- Come up with new ideas for series & one-off videos & collaborate with the creative team to turn these into viable formats
- Incorporate feedback & data into your creative work, taking note of what works for our audience (and what doesnt) & help us build a robust set of best practices
- Help write headline copy & direct visual packaging to position videos for success on digital platforms
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Regularly creating videos for our series that meet or exceed our creative & audience standards
- Collaborating seamlessly with teammates on the Kids Programming Team & across The Dodo, accepting (and offering) constructive, respectful feedback, & valuing & contributing to a shared Dodo Kids voice & style
- Surprising & delighting our audience with new approaches to our storytelling, making them laugh & lifting spirits, & helping kids everywhere fall in love with animals
- At least 1 year experience creating & editing narrative video
- Strong creative, written, & organizational skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively
- A love of animals & interest in kids programming
About The Dodo:
The Dodo is the #1 digital media brand for animal people & the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, & fall in love with animals. In December 2016, The Dodo joined forces with NowThis, Thrillist & Seeker to form Group Nine Media the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink & travel brand for Gen Z & Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.