BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
This position is responsible for supporting the successful scale of our business by maintaining optimal resource utilization & processing products. They will work closely with the Creative Leads & Operations to set projects up for success by managing, fulfilling & reporting day-to-day staffing requests and/or changes, taking into consideration project planning & resource bandwidth. Additionally they will work cross functionally to plan processes for new products.
- Collaborate with Sales & Account Managers to understand the staffing needs on all active projects, as well as the pipeline of potential upcoming projects
- Understand capabilities & interests of all internal resources
- Assign resources to both pitch & produce projects promptly, while taking bandwidth, capabilities & interests into consideration
- Facilitate communication cross functionally between stakeholder teams to determine a clear process for new products
- Solicit feedback on product workflow and the resourcing process & make adjustments as needed
- Maintain & provide on-going visibility into resource utilization & availability
- Create training materials to detail new product processes to support Creative Teams
- Communicate freelance needs and/or outsourced personnel needs to BuzzFeeds in-house physical production team
- Serve as liaison between internal teams & the Product Marketing Team to set a baseline for new product materials
- Provide weekly staffing progress updates to team leads & management
- Experience as a resource manager or project manager with heavy involvement in resourcing in an agency or production environment
- Knowledge of video & creative production resource requirements
- Knowledge & passion for social & viral advertising.
- Strong communication, written & presentation skills required
- Superior organization & multitasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure & with many styles of executives, communicators, program managers & subject matter experts, both at the corporate & business levels
- Strong reporting experience using Google Sheets optimizations & creating decks
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.