Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift is seeking an Engineering Manager for its San Francisco location. As Engineering Manager, you will be leading software engineering teams to successful delivery, perform people management for the software engineers on those teams, & give input to developing the strategic direction for the subject matter of those teams. Other key responsibilities are as follows:
- You will ship features that will delight our clients.
- You will plan & support career development for the members of your team.
- You will inspire & grow your team through mentorship, empowerment, & by challenging them to do their best work.
- You will partner with business partners, product management & design to help set priorities & plan the roadmap for your team.
- You will find, hire, & develop great humans that compliment each other as a team.
- You will facilitate technical design discussions, remove blockers & align stakeholders.
- You will drive programs in engineering reliability, productivity, process, & quality.
- You will recruit & retain best-in-class engineering talent to build a diverse high performing team.
- You will inspire an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, & technical advisor.
- You have 4+ years of leading & managing high-performance engineering teams, including some experience mentoring new managers.
- You have experience running teams in an Agile environment.
- You have previously managed remote teams. We use GitHub, Slack, Jira & video conferencing extensively to collaborate.
- You are flexible, dedicated, & curious.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You have a passion for mentoring & coaching engineers & managers.
- You have a track record of delivering features & functionality on time with high quality.
- You have excellent communication skills.
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you'll be surrounded by the best & brightest in the industry. Your colleagues are wicked smart & some of the kindest & nicest people around. We're never assholes. You'll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, & have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
Tradeshifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.