Away is seeking a Senior Copywriter, Content to join our creative team. The ideal candidate has experience in adapting brand voice & tone for a growing brand, conceptualizing messaging solutions for a variety of mediums, & partnering with cross functional team to deliver on content needs for their channels. This role reports into our Studio Director with a dotted line to the Creative Director & will be based in our headquarters in SoHo, NY.
What You'll Do:
- Work directly with the Creative Director, Creative, Marketing, Retail, & Product teams to create copy for a number of mediums which will drive brand awareness, consideration, conversion & loyalty.
- Flex between writing concise, headline-driven copy, to long-form, detailed description copy.
- Own copy development for channels such as website content, email, collateral, in-store materials, packaging, FAQs & more.
- Collaborate with our Marketing, PR, Product Development & Creative Services teams to understand each brief request & conceptualize best-in-class copy solutions which flex our brand voice.
- Simplify sometimes complex information into customer-facing messaging.
Who You Are:
- 6-8 years experience working in-house or in a creative agency.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your writing skills: tone & voice application, long-form, headlines, creative concepts, etc.
- Experienced with copy for large cross-channel initiatives, both online & off.
- A great communicator & collaborator.
- A love of popular culture & a desire to create work that impacts it.
- You can articulate an argument & adjust its presentation depending on its audience.
- A desire to explore creativity outside of the traditional advertising agency context.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!).
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!