Jackpocket is the first mobile lottery app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, such as Powerball, Mega Millions, & more, via their smartphones. We're creating a more convenient, fun, & responsible way to play the lottery by modernizing the $300B global lottery market with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about.
As a Staff Accountant, you will have a critical role in scaling the Finance & Accounting function for the business as we continue rapid expansion. In addition to core responsibilities including payables & month-end close reconciliations, this role will also assist with audits, work on ad-hoc projects, & have exposure to strategic aspects of the business including system upgrades & contributions to the budgeting process.This is a full time role reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Manage the A/P process, expense report processing, & assist in the monthly, quarterly, & annual close process including preparation of journal entries, general ledger reconciliations & related analyses
- Collaborate with team members through close processes & various ad hoc & strategic projects
- Communicate across functions to help facilitate the completion of month end reports
- Contribute to control matrix maintenance & enhancements
- Maintain a thorough understanding of areas of responsibility in the general ledger
- Support the external review & audit of the company's financial statements on an annual basis
- Participate in financial analysis, systems upgrades, tax matters, process improvements, etc.
- 1-2 years accounting experience (prior audit experience a plus)
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- Intermediate excel skills & the ability to run reports, manipulate & present data in a user-friendly format
- CPA or progress toward CPA preferred
- Ability to multitask in a deadline driven environment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- E-Commerce or Software industry experience a plus
- Medical insurance covered up to 100% by Jackpocket
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits & Citi Bike membership
- Discounted gym membership
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- Flexible working hours
- Autonomy & upward mobility
This is a full-time exempt position & is not eligible for overtime under FLSA requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackpocket is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, & reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, & activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.