The Compliance function at Bread impacts every aspect of our financial technology business & so we are determined to continue to build a top-notch in-house Compliance team.
The Compliance Associate role will be responsible for partnering with key stakeholders on our compliance infrastructure & advancing our Compliance Management System as we continue to grow & scale our business.
Our ideal candidate is a problem solver, detail-oriented self-starter with a humble attitude.
What you will do:
- Work cross-functionally (i.e. with Product & Engineering, Sales, Operations, Credit, & Finance teams) to minimize regulatory risks & design appropriate controls to achieve strategic objectives
- Work with our Legal Team on the applicability & risk assessment of regulatory requirements
- Assist with the development & implementation of policies, procedures & processes to comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Help scale key elements of our Compliance Management Program, including Governance, Risk Assessments, Monitoring, Reporting & Training
- Support the development & execution of a data-driven, risk-based compliance monitoring (e.g. Merchant Due Diligence, review/approval of marketing materials, servicing/collections/complaints monitoring, etc.)
- Liaise with external parties & auditors to ensure continued compliance with banking & consumer finance laws.
- Stay up to date on regulatory trends in the online lending & payments space.
- 3-5 years experience in consumer banking/lending & payments preferred
- Compliance Management Program experience (i.e. policy/procedures, risk assessment, monitoring, reporting, training, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- The desire & ability to learn & adapt quickly
- Top-notch academic credentials (graduate school degree not required)
Nice to haves: