Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- Wefund $600 millionin home loans per month
- Nearly$5 billion in loans fundedsince our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, were one of CrainsBest Places to work
- Were#11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in NYC
- And#964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over$254 millionfrom our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better company
Its hard not to be excited about mortgages when youre actively upending the conventions of a $13 trillion dollar business that impacts over 200 million Americans.
At Better, were building a next-generation mortgage lender from the ground up. Our team combines leading software engineers from tech giants like Google & Spotify with financial talent from firms like Blackstone & Bridgewater, creating a hybrid institution unlike any other.
Rife with antiquated processes, the home finance industry has remained fundamentally unchanged since the 1970s. As we break down the entrenchments that bar so many from the benefits of homeownership, we adhere to three basic principles:
- Humans are better than computers at expressing empathy, understanding individual situations, & creating solutions to help people. Let them.
- Computers are more efficient than humans at working with massive data sets, performing complex calculations, & validating thousands of rules. Use them.
- The rules of the status quo are broken. Change them.
Join our mortgage revolution.
A Better opportunity
Were putting the mortgage industry on notice. Were done with the inefficiency, excessive costs, & horrible experience being perpetrated on home buyers.
Following the status quo wont help us deliver a 1% mortgage experience to the 99%. As Better's Loan Processor Manager, your responsibilities will be wide in scope. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Manage team objectives & KPIs throughout production cycles.
- Provide & coach through qualitative & quantitative feedback for direct reports.
- Monitor & develop processing daily cadence as the product continues to improve.
- Serve as first line of defense to diffuse customer escalations to management.
- Support processing team on thorough secondary analysis of applicant's income & expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, & property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan.
- Verify & analyze all necessary financial information & documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit & legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions.
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness.
Attributes we value
- 3-5+ years of experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA & Jumbo mortgages
- 2+ years of management experience
- Strong understanding of purchase, refi, & jumbo guidelines
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines
- Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU) & Loan Prospector (LP)
- Strong communication, organization, & time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment