Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Team
The Analytics team is a critical function that supports data-driven decision-making throughout Harry's. We make sure that data flows throughout the company, & that everyone has the information they need to make better decisions, faster. The analytics team thinks about data & insights across our global supply chain, through the marketing we show our customers when the customer gets a package at their door or their nearest retailer. The team also coordinates closely with our IT, Finance, & Distribution teams to understand the trends from data in our enterprise systems.
About the Role
As the Analytics Engineer, you will help build & maintain key Analytics infrastructure. You will be responsible for building & designing data models that support US Personal Care functions from retail to distribution (e.g. fulfillment rates) to the website's customer acquisition. You will be crucial in maintaining & expanding BI reporting infrastructure (ex. Looker). You will flex your data skills by building data sets from original sources & diving in search of more insights. You will have a host of tools at your disposal, including our AWS cloud stack, Ascend.io, DBT, Fivetran, & Looker.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Enable always-on reporting for the US Personal Care Business (Supply Chain Health, Market share across retailers, & Acquisition metrics like CPA, & LTV)
- You will use tools like DBT & Ascend to wrangle data & build datasets for reporting
- Leverage our BI tool Looker to build, maintain, & own dashboards that empower the business to interpret & act quickly. (e.g. Track inventory issues across retailers & build actionable alerting.)
- Build reporting from start to finish. Hands-on!
- Explore new data & translate business requirements into data requirements (e.g. enable digital sales data on platforms like Amazon & Walmart)
- Use our cloud ETL tool Ascend.io or Fivetran to bring in new data sources
- Sling Python, pyspark & SQL to transform & model the data
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to drive POCs from start to finish
- Work closely across functions such as Product, Retail, & Supply Chain to identify & solve data pain points
- Gain a strong understanding of their data problems & use our Analytics tool kit to find a solution (What data do we need, how can we get it & how can we automate reporting?)
- Gather business & functional requirements & translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture
These might describe you:
- 3+ years of experience working with large data sets answering complex questions using SQL/Python/R/DBT (also open to those who have worked with other analytical programs & are inclined to learn new analytical tools fast)
- Experience with front-end visualization/analytic tools, e.g., Looker, Tableau, Mode, etc. Looker experience is a plus.
- Creative Problem Solver Analytics means finding creative ways to answer vague problems. You should be able to find creative ways to solve problems within the constraints of our reporting platform
- Analytical Thought Partner You are excited about partnering with people to figure out how analytics can solve their problems. You are great at communicating in order to both fully understand someones business need & to communicate the potential limitations of your approach
- Attention to detail - You are able to be a good steward of the data. Precise definitions are important to you & you document projects thoroughly. You will build pipelines the rest of the Analytics team & company will use & providing the documentation to onboard users will allow us to scale
- Tactical You can plan & execute projects by identifying & dismantling potential roadblocks ahead of time. Furthermore, youre pragmatic: you want to work on the most important problems first & you want to find the highest-impact lowest cost solution
- Curiosity Youre going to be asked to dive in with all parts of Harrys team, & your innate hunger to learn the nuanced complexities of these practice areas will help our team identify & solve the most important problems
Who you will work with:
- You will work closely with our Analytics, Supply Chain, Retail, & Digital Product teams along with other cross-functional partners ranging across all parts of our business.
- You'll report to the Senior Manager of Analytics Enablement/Business Insights
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $111,200-$152,900, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.