Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking an engineer to help us build & support the services that send over a billion emails per day & that millions of small businesses rely on. Youll develop tooling, monitoring & processes to make our products highly available, performant, & reliable. You can expect to build dashboards, configure monitoring & alerting, write code for internal applications, & support incident resolution. You will work closely with members of our Engineering teams as an advocate for production-ready software. You will participate in an oncall rotation, & will lead efforts to resolve issues that other engineers-on-call encounter during their oncall rotations.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable picking up new technologies & frequently switching technical contexts. You value pragmatism over novelty in tooling & language selection. You have a deep understanding of how the different layers & components of a web application fit together. Youre passionate about reducing toil, automating wherever possible, & constantly working to improve the stability of a Mailchimp users experience. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down, fixed them & maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
Many of our teams have at least one distributed member, so we encourage flexible working hours & some telecommuting but you should plan to be in the office most days. You will also participate in an on-call rotation that may require availability outside of business hours.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, performing new feature development, & facilitating technical decisions & cross-functional team discussions.
- You have experience scripting or coding in one or more programming languages. We primarily use PHP, Python & Golang, but prior experience with these languages is not a requirement.
- Youve developed an intuition for acceptable performance & reliability benchmarks, & have experience transforming metrics & raw data into dashboards & actionable alerts using tools like Zabbix, Grafana, Prometheus & Kibana.
- Youre familiar with the goal of configuration management & have used a tool like Puppet to automate the delivery & operation of infrastructure.
- You have experience defining Service Level Indicators (SLIs) & Service Level Objectives (SLOs) to help teams make informed decisions about balancing reliability against engineering velocity.
- Youre comfortable troubleshooting production incidents & debugging across interconnected systems & at multiple layers (including network, command line, & application).
- You embrace & demonstrate our core values of humility, creativity, & independence.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Clickhereto find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.