WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
The Building Technology teams mission is to Empower WeWork & its Members with world-class technology infrastructure, support & services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure & IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, & easy-to-consume way. The technology we build & manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries & continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their lifes work.
Our Infrastructure Systems Engineers are part software engineers & part systems engineers. We build & run global, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. We ensure that our services have the performance, reliability, & security appropriate to our Members needs. Our software development is focused on creating engineering solutions to operations problems, optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure & eliminating work through automation.
You are highly autonomous, possesses effective written & verbal communication skills, strong sense of ownership, adapts quickly to new technologies, & have high career growth potential. The desire & ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Engage in & improve the whole lifecycle of infrastructure servicesfrom inception & design, through deployment, operation & refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms & frameworks, capacity planning & launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by writing tools to help visualize & monitor performance, reliability, throughput, & other key metrics for our infrastructure stack.
- Develop tooling & automation around operational tasks.
- Practice sustainable incident response & blameless postmortems.
- Ability to participate in a regular on-call rotation
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Systems Development Engineer (Software Development, Systems/Solutions Architect, Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering, Networking/Automation)
- Experience developing software in one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, C++, Java
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals & administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls)
- Strong experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Deep understanding of networking concepts such as DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP
- Experience in configuration or provisioning management such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.