When Brooklinen was founded over five years ago, we were on the forefront of the DTC movement. Our goal was to deliver the maximum value to our customers, cutting out anything that didnt add value for them. Over the last five years, weve stayed laser focused on building our ecommerce business to deliver on this, & now its time for the next chapter, physical stores!
As with everything we do here, we applied our testing philosophy & built out our Soho pop-up last year (you can read about that here)- we learned a ton & were thrilled with the results. On the heels of that experience, we are so excited to launch the very first group of Brooklinen stores, starting in Williamsburg this fall.
Were looking for a Director of Retail to spearhead our retail strategy & enable us to open & operate stores that deliver the absolute best experience for our customers. This is a rare & awesome opportunity to truly build a channel from scratch alongside a passionate & talented team who will collaborate closely within their verticals.
What youll do:
- Business: Take full ownership of our retail financial goals, motivating & leading store teams to drive performance; seamlessly translate our ecommerce initiatives (launches, promotions, GWPs) into programs executed in our stores
- People & Training:
- Recruit, interview, & hire our store teams alongside our Store Manager & people team; partner with the people team to create best in class practices & systems that will result in building amazing store teams
- Lead all learning & development for our store team members, from store opening training to ongoing development efforts (including but not limited to product knowledge, customer experience training, & team building sessions)
- Store Communications: Spearhead all communications between our HQ & store teams, ensuring our stores have the information needed related to events, policies, new launches, & promotions
- Brand & Visuals: Partner with our creative & product development team to create compelling store branding elements & collateral - work with our product development team to align on a visual merchandising strategy for new products & manage rollout with store teams
- Marketing & Events
- Partner with our social & events team to create a high-impact in-store event strategy, engaging with our customers on the topics that resonate the most
- Partner with our marketing team to create retail-specific acquisition & retention campaigns that align with our brand guidelines & digital strategy
- Operations: Evolve & improve the store processes to create an optimal customer & employee experience
We're looking for someone with:
- 6+ years of retail management including a minimum of 4 years with multi-store management
- Amazing leadership abilities with a proven track record of building, motivating, & leading exceptional teams
- Prior experience with digitally native brands (or brands with a large ecommerce component to the business) a major plus
- Prior experience opening new stores across major US markets for a rapidly growing brand
- A customer-first (and customer-obsessed) attitude who is excited to bring tons of new ideas to the table while also executing on the good ones we already have
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated.We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, & abilities & cant wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.