At Squarespace, Customer Operations empowers users to give voice to their ideas & make it easy for them when they need help. Our team runs 24/7 with about 400 people between New York, Dublin, & Portland.
Customer Support Advisors are on the front lines working with our customers every single day to ensure that they are achieving success with our product. You will use your product knowledge to deliver exceptional customer experience to not only solve problems for our users, but advocate for our brand.
You will report to a Customer Support Team Lead. The start date of this role will be in April 2021.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
This position is open for both permanent remote employees & future office employees.
- Answer customers queries concurrently in live chat & respond to customer submitted email requests, in a timely manner in both English & German
- Independently troubleshoot & guide customers through our suite of products including identifying system & site-specific issues, website setup & design options
- Proactively & independently works to meet targets & goals across Quality, Productivity & Customer Satisfaction, in email & live chat
- Stay up to date on new product features & improvements
- Identify & communicate system issues to our Product Operations team
- Identify non-standard customer experiences & escalate issues
- Fluent in English & German
- Must be available for a schedule of 40 hours a week, one that spans weekends & holidays as our customers need us; shifts start between 7am to 10am local time & you will have two consecutive days off
- Customer-facing experience required (retail, hospitality, online support, etc.).
- Exceptional written communication skills with strong grammar & spelling; fast typist
- Strong reading comprehension skills with the ability to identify the root cause of a problem
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with the Squarespace platform
- Knowledge of the Google Workspace platform & Mac Operating system
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Customer support experience via Live chat is a huge plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.