About Simple Health
Were on a mission to build care that fits your life. Our business started as Simple Contacts, but is rapidly expanding into the Simple Health brand as we launch more direct-to-consumer medical services.
About the Role
Simple Health is seeking a Director, Business Insights to define & execute the companys data & analytics strategy in partnership with functional leadership. This will be a highly cross-functional role, partnering with marketing, product, & data engineering teams to turn data into powerful insights that drive improvements in our key business outcomes. The right candidate will possess excellent business, communication, & project management skills. They will be the companys data expert & in charge of driving the day-to-day analytical approaches for the purpose of generating meaningful insights through data analytics, information visualization, & addressing unanswered business issues in a proactive manner. Reporting to the VP of Finance, this person will have the opportunity to help guide the strategic direction of the business as a whole.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the companys point person for analytical support & guidance
- Have a deep understanding of the business model & identify the most important metrics for the company to focus on & track against them through dashboards, reports, & visualizations
- Maintain a close eye on our funnel, KPIs, & their effect on business performance; give focus to the data gathering & reporting efforts of the team.
- Collaborate with product & marketing to identify & prioritize opportunities that would drive value to Simple Health patients & the company
- Be a thought leader on data systems, data mining, & analysis to scale our capabilities, uncover trends, & develop insights.
- Take deep, exploratory dives into our data to better understand patient behavior & uncover new opportunities to tackle.
- 7+ years experience in business intelligence, analytics, & data warehousing required
- 2+ years experience in building, managing, & leading a high-performing data analytics team preferred
- High proficiency with SQL & Excel & working knowledge with programming languages like Python & R
- Prior experience working with DTC subscription business models preferred
- Ability to understand the business questions posed by executive leadership & business units, translate the questions into analytics, & then re-interpret the results back to stakeholders
- Combination of deep technical skills & business savvy to interface with all levels & disciplines
- Proven track record of dealing well with ambiguity, identifying, prioritizing, & delivering results in a fast paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker) & best practices
- Passionate about promoting an insights-driven data culture
- Inquisitive, eagerness to learn, & willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
We think you should join us. Heres why:
- We see things differently.Thats why were building a diverse culture - with people who bring unique perspectives & backgrounds to the table. We need a diverse team to build products that serve our diverse patients.
- Were humans first, employees second. Work-life balance matters to us - thats why we requireminimumvacation time, are flexible with when & where you work, offer paid parental leave & more.
- Were building for longevity.Growth is not confined to job descriptions or teams, & we encourage continuous learning, both within your specialty & in other interests.
- Health matters to us, including yours.We pay 100% of employee healthcare premiums & offer free contacts to our employees.