We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Lead Data Analyst Growth Marketing Analytics
We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there. Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation & excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing & well-established industry brand. At Tripadvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, & energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Tripadvisor is seeking a passionate Lead Analyst to join our Growth Marketing Analytics team. In this role, you will provide actionable insights to marketing, product, & operations teams by analyzing marketing & traffic data. You will work closely with the leaders of various channels to optimize traffic, revenue & spend. You will also work closely with the VP of B2C growth marketing & other leaders. This role reports to the head of the Head of Growth Analytics & plays a critical role in driving Tripadvisors growth & customer engagement. Your scope is global & so are your stakeholders & your team.
You are an experienced & articulate Analytics who leads, mentors, & work with exceptional data analysts. You will help to uncover insights to explain business performance & drive it forward. You have a consulting mindset, you partner across the organization & across the globe. You thrive on large datasets, enjoy high-impact, complex data projects. You are not afraid of rolling-up your sleeves & getting into details. This is an individual contributor, but you will mentor junior team members & contractors. Junior team members may also report into you. Tripadvisor has big plans for growth, & in this role, you will be key in enabling that rapid growth trajectory.
What You'll Do:
- Develop impactful & insight driven analyses & reports. Bring a practical bent to analytic problem solving, identifying the most efficient solutions to complex challenges. Develop standards, define KPIs & ensure high quality output. Create end-to-end views of the business that enable deeper understanding of customer experience & business performance.
- Work on large scale clickstream, SEO, SEM, email & other similar large datasets to generate insights for your stakeholders & optimize marketing opportunities. Track business performance across various digital marketing tactics including SEO, CRM, SEM, display, social & meta marketing using standard metrics such as ROAS, CPS, RPC & others.
- Work with data engineering teams to ensure that reliable & timely data is available for analyses & reporting.
- Support AB testing & experimentation by identifying test cases, developing hypotheses, & analyzing results.
- Align & balance demands of competing stakeholders ensuring that we're working on the top priorities for the business. Own the roadmap & manage the lifecycle of strategically important analytics projects.
- Coach & mentor junior data analysts to upgrade team skills, provide training & develop standard processes & methods.
What We Seek:
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Business or other related fields.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in data analysis, preferably in digital marketing in a data driven company
- Deep expertise with SQL & Tableau (or similar business intelligence tools) is a must. Experience with Snowflake, Python, R, & Looker is desirable. Exposure to an AB testing tool such as Optimizely, Adobe, etc. is desirable.
- Experience in working with large scale data in a must. Exposure to web/app clickstream, SEO & CRM data, digital marketing tools such as AdWords, Simon data, etc. and to clickstream tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, etc. are desirable
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.