THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Aprons Accounting team provides our investors, management, vendors, & employees with excellent support & service. They also ensure vendors get paid, & that our employee payroll is processed correctly. Accounting takes a collaborative approach to performing month-end close tasks, including analyzing & recording accrued expenses, fixed assets, & accounting for other operational activities within our fulfillment centers & Headquarters.
WHATS ON THE MENU:
- Assist with the monthly financial close of the company by preparing account reconciliations, entering journal entries, & maintaining accurate records & files.
- Assist in preparing consolidated internal & external financial statements by gathering & analyzing information from the general ledger system & from departments.
- Answer accounting & financial inquiries by researching & interpreting data.
- Analyze information & options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Assist in researching & interpreting accounting policy; applying observations & recommendations to operational issues.
- Meet financial objectives scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue & expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, & evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports for management.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Additional responsibilities for special projects as they arise.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required; CPA preferred.
- 0-3 years professional accounting experience with a top public accounting firm or mid-to-large size company
- Full understanding & experience with the fundamentals of bookkeeping & reconciliations
- Strong time-management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, highly organized
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong excel skills & ability to efficiently work with large volumes of data
- Familiarity with ERP systems and/or NetSuite a plus
- Familiarity with tech or food industry a plus
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.