Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands & the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry & getting the future of media right. Vox Medias editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, & Curbed. Our diverse storytelling & advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, & the companys entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network & Epic.
This role is responsible for supporting the Publisher, joining editorial leadership as a thought partner, extending the Publishers internal & external reach, aligning editorial leadership on priority initiatives, strengthening editorial leadership team, leading execution on editorial org wide initiatives & special projects, & working laterally with other Chiefs of Staffs & key company operators on company-wide priority projects.
What youll do:
- Extend the Publishers internal & external reach:
- Act as the communication arm for the Publisher with editorial leadership, other Chiefs of Staff/Operations leaders, major stakeholders, & external partners.
- Write first drafts of documents, notes, agendas, etc.
- Help Publisher prioritize time & projects.
- Build relationships across the organization at all levels.
- Be an organizational listening & support device through formal & informal channels.
- Provide insight to Publisher on what her team & the department needs from her.
- Lead & track on initiatives as proxy for Publisher as necessary/appropriate.
- Align editorial leadership on priority initiatives & special projects:
- Keep editorial leadership organized & moving forward on key org projects or initiatives.
- Develop plans for communicating key messages throughout the editorial org.
- Create space for editorial leadership to have strategic conversations.
- Support Publisher with the management & execution of special projects.
- Develop & lead organization wide special projects.
- Strengthen editorial leadership team:
- Coordinate & evaluate how editorial leadership should spend their time together, including regular meetings & offsites.
- Be a thought partner to leadership on the departments vision, priorities, challenges, & teams.
- Maintain & improve department-wide communications.
What youll bring:
- Significant experience supporting executives/an executive team
- Organization & the ability to move forward in the execution of high-priority, cross-functional initiatives through coordinated project plans.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships across an organization at all levels
- Familiarity working with newsrooms or in editorial operations
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, & an ability to work both independently & in a highly collaborative environment
- Strategic thinking - stepping back from the day-to-day to see the bigger picture
- Ability to thrive & be highly effective in a fast-paced & fluid environment
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.