This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Read on.
As an Site Merchandising Specialist, you are responsible for creating a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising strategies & execution. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience for taxonomy, product listing (shelf) & search by leveraging analytics, comp research & industry best practices. Creativity & agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends, synthesize information from multiple touch points & create business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising & applies this to the development, execution, & improvement of action plans to improve customer experience & conversion.
- Maintains a strong vision for future site improvements driven by passion for delighting our customers.
- Exhibits strong aptitude of competitive landscape & leverages to drive business improvements.
- Serves as an advisor to Category Management & Category Marketing; identifying potential enhancements on visual merchandising plans & seasonal campaigns leveraging customer based analytics to improve conversion, repeat visit & other KPIs.
- Tests & evaluate the effectiveness of merchandising strategies; refines as part of continuous improvement process.
- Encourages an environment of operational excellence andflawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience.
- Ensure SEO value is maximized by using best practices & proper implementation of clear-text, alt-text, SEO copy blocks, canonical URLs & re-directs.
- Manages site taxonomy build & product listing (shelf) rules at the category level, ultimately helping to execute the Category Managers strategy properly through Site Merchandising best practices; providing insight to the team based off of real world data, tests & competitor actions.
- Models compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity.
- Works closely with the creative team, providing direction based on Category Management priorities, seasonality & Site Merchandising insights.
- Monitors site presentation & traffic; takes the appropriate actions to modify visual presentation as necessary based on changing customer behavior & demand.
- Review site map & remove duplicate site experiences.
- Build site navigation within specific product categories; to increase findability & improve customer experience while shopping the site.
- Provides leadership within the Site Merchandising team; mentors & leads site merchandising specialists.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant retail experience
- 2+ years of site merchandising experience
- Technical background with a strong creative element
- Must have Omniture or other site analytical experience
- Analytical & process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team & willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Adaptable & demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen attention to detail
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with writing creative briefs
- Search & SEO experience
- Ability to be the customer in order to improve site experiences