Squarespace's security organization is looking for a Director of Security to lead the teams working on product security, architecture, enterprise security, detection & response, & GRC. You will play a critical role in architecting, addressing, & evangelizing Squarespace's security posture in collaboration with a team of senior engineering managers & developers.
We are a security organization that believes in teaching security, working both as individuals & as a team to achieve clear goals. We own our space & we rely on our combined knowledge to grow & become better security professionals. You will work closely with other teams within Engineering, as well as the Product, Legal, Finance, Marketing, & Customer Operations departments.
This is an opportunity for you to lead an outstanding & professional security organization, helping them develop & create the best security solutions for Squarespace, focus on creating the next stage of the security program, & represent the security organization in different committees.
You will report directly to the SVP of Engineering based in NYC.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19.
You'll Get To
As the Director of Security, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, planning, & developing the strategy for the company's security vision.
- Leading a skilled team of security professionals to create a secure product for our customers & monitor & detect threats to the product & our internal enterprise systems.
- Supporting compliance initiatives, security risk management, & security policies & procedures as part of managing the Director of GRC.
- Delivering successful work outcomes & stakeholder management in a fast-paced setting to meet company needs.
- Promoting collaboration, training, risk assessment & compliance with all policies & procedures.
- Working alongside a team of technical & experienced leaders in Engineering.
- Evangelizing security across the company to bring overall security awareness to everything we do.
Who We're Looking For
- Experience building & leading security teams.
- High level understanding of the security landscape, including prevalent threats, existing technologies & challenges.
- At least 10 years experience working in the security domain.
- Ability to evaluate the pros & cons of security solutions relevant to networking, operating systems, coding, databases, virtualization & containers, & modern cloud solutions.
- Experience securing web & mobile applications in a SaaS environment.
- Proficient at presenting to highly technical & senior audiences. Able to boil down complex topics into digestible risks, goals, & objectives.
- Track record of leading highly effective teams through complex & critical projects that span the entire organization.
- Ability to understand, distill, & communicate risk.
- Knowledgeable of compliance concepts & experience working cross functionally to drive implementation of controls.
- Experience developing & rolling out long term security strategy
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations