At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative & analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, & design to achieve the companys vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial & passionate Product Managers to innovate & execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company & industry from our San Francisco headquarters.
As part of the Rider Growth team, in this Product Manager, New Products role, you will help develop products that grow Lyft's use case beyond the core ride-sharing products we have today. This role is primarily focused on starting new products from scratch by developing a foundational understanding of user problems through qualitative & quantitative research & creative new ideation.
In particular, an important use case for Lyft are Social Rides - these are rides that people take when theyre going to spend time with friends or family. Today, we have the same products & features for all rides, but there are unique problems people face when planning & coordinating with their friends & family. Your role will be to understand these user problems deeply & build products & features that improve the experience on Lyft. You'll need to understand what people do before they have intent to ride, & build products into Lyft that help users before they book.
Beyond the Social Rides use case, there are several other important use cases that ride-sharing enables. Success in the Social Rides use case will enable you to move beyond into developing other use cases as well.
- Understand Lyft's strategic & competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics & roadmap to align with Lyft's mission & drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research & usability studies.
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth & maintenance.
- Lead & align cross functional partners & teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners & operations to drive a shared vision.
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments & decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Provide strategic thought leadership on Lyfts growth strategy & new use cases & segments we may explore.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in product management, product design or product research experience.
- Have built new consumer experiences in a product at scale
- Experience iterating on a new product pre product-market fit to get it to a point of success
- Excellent judgment & thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem.
- Strong collaboration skills with Design & UX Research
- Be able to define & analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Passion for Lyft & what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation.
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, & interdependencies in an organized & structured way.
- Strong communication skills & intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, & other audiences.
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies.
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, & prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders.
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, & requests should be second nature to you.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.