About the Talent Community
SecurityScorecard invites you to join our Business Development Talent Community by sharing your resume or LinkedIn profile with us. We will connect if a role opens that matches your experience & skills, & if we host any networking or special events that align with your interest in sales & business development.
About Business Development
Do you love connecting with prospective clients & evangelizing a product? Are you motivated by working towards a target? Do you feel rewarded when you meet or exceed your goals?
Our Business Development Team is the first point of contact for many of our future customers & provides significant value to our national sales team by driving interest in our platform. Business Development Associates conduct research about decision makers inside target organizations & connect with those leaders to engage them in conversation about the value of our product. Experience in business development is highly valuable as one grows a career in cyber security sales & is broadly applicable across any number of disciplines.
SecurityScorecard welcomes recent grads starting a career & professionals who desire to pivot their careers towards cyber security sales to join our Talent Community.
Some things we look for in our ideal candidate:
- Engages people effortlessly with oral & written communication
- Shameless audacity - won't back down at the first sight of uninterested
- Digitally organized (to maintain Salesforce records)
- Effective researcher to find new prospects
- Tech savvy & extremely comfortable navigating new software
- Sees feedback, coaching, & improvement
- Hungry to learn (not complacent)
- Works with urgency (to achieve quota on time)
- Positive, warm, & inviting attitude with a no challenge is too great mentality
- Able to work full-time in our Midtown Manhattan office (we do not offer relocation packages or sponsorship for this role)
- Pursuing sales as a career
- Sales experience is a bonus, but not required
SSC Perks & Benefits
- A full benefits package (health insurance, standard 401k plan, etc.)
- Flexible office hours & paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible dress code
- An annual $3,000 ongoing education stipend
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, coffee, beverages, & periodic lunches
- A beautiful Midtown Manhattan office
- Quarterly team outings (escape the room, restaurant week, & more)
- Renown speakers, lecturers, & domain-experts (such as Kim Scott &Allen Gannett)
At SecurityScorecard, we are revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, & insights. Weve built a new category of enterprise software, which enables companies to rate & understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors & use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, & vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, & Moody's.
SecurityScorecard is growing tremendously, & we're looking for people who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development. What makes a successful Scorecarder? Your skills are of course key, but your attitude is equally important. As a Scorecarder, you will commit to working & having fun in a way that exemplifies our S(CORE) values.
As individuals & as a community, we are Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, & operate as One Team. We are Resilient & Embody #SecurityDNA to practice what we preach.
If these values resonate, we'd love to hear from you!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.