Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
The job - Customer HR Specialist
As an in-house Customer HR Specialist, youll deliver best practices guidance to Justworks existing customer base, act as an internal subject matter expert, & partner with other Justworks teams to create Human Resources tools & content.
What you'll do
- Communicate directly with customers, at varying levels & in varying roles & industries, regarding their HR inquiries, as escalated by other members of the Customer Success team
- Work through creative solutions to effectively answer complex HR questions from customers, provide HR guidance & best practices, troubleshoot & resolve issues, & route feedback
- Manage queue of open issues to deliver timely & effective solutions
- Collaborate with Product & Compliance teams on feature requests related to HRIS & Compliance tools
- Liaise with Compliance to safeguard Justworks as a co-employer & demonstrate discretion as to when issues warrant escalation
- Create HR-related content & tools, often in partnership with Marketing & Product, for both external & internal use
- Explain complicated compliance & HR concepts in simple, user-friendly terms
- Contribute as a subject matter expert on complex & cross-functional issues to ensure the success of customers on the platform
- Display a high level of professionalism & compassion when working with customers on sensitive matters
- Work with internal teams to improve processes, with an eye toward improving customer experience
Who you are
- Passionate about a career path as a customer-facing HR practitioner
- Highly organized, with excellent written & verbal communication skills; able to simplify complex concepts into clear, easy-to-understand terms
- Aptitude for learning new product features & subject matter, & helping others learn as well
- Genuinely interested in the ever-changing employment law landscape & comfortable with multi-state compliance
- Comfortable handling challenging situations over the phone & via email & via email, with the ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive & resourceful
- Interested in operations, & excited by opportunities to drive process improvements
- Willing to dive right in & affect change
- Able to manage competing priorities & multitask with strong attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team & be resourceful & adaptable
- A problem solver who genuinely enjoys figuring out how & why things work
- Aligned with Justworks mission & share our core values: Camaraderie, Openness, Grit, Integrity & Simplicity
- Bachelors degree preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- if not certified, certification must be obtained within the first four months of employment - Justworks will provide financial support
- 4+ years professional experience
- 2+ years experience as an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Employee Relations Specialist, or equivalent
- Strong interest in US employment law & the ever-changing compliance landscape
- Experience in technology/SaaS a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.