500px is the leading online network for photographers. Our mission is to connect the worlds photographers & provide them with opportunities to discover inspiration, get exposure & rewarded for their work, & help them learn & grow their skills. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website & mobile apps to find & share the worlds most inspiring photography.
***Please note that we are all currently working remotely until staff feel safe & comfortable returning to the office. Once we do, we expect to continue granting our team the flexibility of choosing to work from home or anytime from our HQ, but will confirm this once our plans are firm.
500px, the worlds premier photography community, is looking for a Senior Accountant. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Accountant is responsible for producing error-free accounting reports & ensuring the companys finance function is organized, efficient, & produces a detailed record on the companys incoming & outgoing transactions & prepares accounts as a basis for financial decisions. The Senior Accountant is a critical contributor to all key areas of the companys accounting & financial processes & has a very high potential to grow to the manager level.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide supervision of day-to-day bookkeeping (invoice processing, journal entries, payment processing) & all accounts including general accounts & sub-ledgers
- Execute full-cycle (monthly, quarterly & annually) accounting processes including multi-currency & multi-entity consolidation & account reconciliations, including performing budget to actual analysis, & variances analysis against prior periods & forecast
- Prepare monthly, quarterly & annual consolidated financial statements & management reports, ensuring financial recording accuracy & compliance with established accounting standards, processes, & procedures
- Reconcile & analyze a wide array of balance sheet & P&L accounts including bank, cash, credit card, debt, accruals, equity, sales, COS, operating expenses, & inter-company transactions
- Provide final approval on payroll & act as prime admin on Expensify (reimbursement software) account, ensuring reimbursements are added to CAN & US payroll
- Cash management which include but are not limited to cash transfers between cash accounts, monthly cash flow projection, funding needs & payments
- Contract review & commercial control to support business
- Gatekeeper for all HR, Operations, Governance, Legal, & Finance documents in Dropbox
- Contact for US & CAN bookkeepers, accountants, lawyers, insurance
- Account-holder for several legacy Gmail accounts including accounts holding past sales data & sensitive information
- ROE contact with Service Canada, Canada Revenue Agency or other government department, responsible for tax payments, annual reports & any additional projects assigned by parent company Visual China Group (VCG)
- Billing contact for 500px tools & vendors
- Assist with external audits
- Prepare quarterly & annual financial reports needed by VCG for their consolidated reports
- Continually examine work processes & explore opportunities for improving efficiencies through technology, elimination or altering of work processes, & make recommendations to CEO
What the ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of full-cycle accounting experience
- Professional accounting designation or working towards designation
- Quickbooks Online or Quickbooks Enterprise experience (required)
- Advanced Excel skills required (e.g., pivot tables, vlook up, etc.)
- Accounting experience in IT industry is an asset
- Fluent in Chinese for communicating with VCG
- Ability to work flexible hours to align schedule with people in different time zones
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Thrives & can multi-task in a fast-paced working environment through excellent time management & organizational skills
- Works well independently & in a team environment
- Judgment & discretion with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive file material & information to others
Bonus points for:
- A love of photography (tell us what you shoot!)
- Being a member of the 500px community
- Experience with the photography industry
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible work hours
- Great health & dental benefits starting on day one
- HQ in downtown Toronto within walking distance of TTC & Union Station, lots of great nearby food options, & dogs are welcome
- Professional development opportunities
- Amazing coworkers from around the world (repping 20 countries & 19 languages)
- Generous time off policies for vacations, sick days, birthdays, religious observances, civil involvement, new babies or pets, emergencies, or even if you just need to recharge
- Life-friendly Zoom calls we love to see your pets & hear your kids jokes!
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager
- Case study
- Team interviews: 2-3 hours on Zoom where you'll e-meet multiple members of our team
We believe diverse teams perform better, & we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
500px welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.