Receiving Supervisor (6 Month Contract) Job Description:
Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
Since the digitization of the grocery & meal delivery industry, HelloFresh has been at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to whip up mouthwatering meals from home! With over 500% growth since our inception in 2011, were now the fastest growing company in Europe & the biggest European startup in the US - active & growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents.
The Receiving Supervisor is responsible for the safe, timely & cost-effective execution of all receiving processes including receiving, storing, maintaining, arranging & presenting material throughout the receiving dock & warehouse. The Receiving Supervisor works alongside & with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Supervisor receives direction from Management & carries out instructions based on given guidelines. The Supervisor is responsible for following & enforcing all safety, GMP & SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies. The Shipping Supervisor is required to be certified in operating all material handling equipment as needed by location.
- Respectfully communicate with all employees & leads.
- Supervise a team of 25-40 employees & ensure efficient & safe operations of receiving activities
- Develop your team by ensuring proper training, day - to- day coaching, & certifications are completed
- Communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance
- Plan & assign work of subordinates
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training & corrective direction
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments within the distribution center in order to collaborate & solve problems.
- Maintain discipline, morale & harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Investigate & adjust personnel problems within area of responsibility.
- Respectfully support & follow direction from management & completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures
- Responsible for upkeep of equipment including reporting defective equipment to management.
- Maintains the work area in a clean & orderly condition & follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer & type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets).
- Provide coaching & development to shift hourly associates.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training & corrective direction.
- Report information & update managers throughout every shift with knowledge of that days production.
- Resolve employee issues through appropriate problem resolution.
- Check & respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety & morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Work to continuously improve processes.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls & provides regular progress reports to shipping during the shift.
- Submit paperwork at the end of the shift.
- Conduct daily shift meetings & safety meetings with employees.
- Conduct interviews for nonexempt shifts within the department.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Manage department priorities as situations arise.
- Track absenteeism & timekeeping daily.
- Perform accident investigations & notify management as appropriate
- Ability to lead employees through daily warehouse challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively both written & verbal
- Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, & vendors
- Ability to solve practical problems & deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits
- Ability to sit, stand; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a cooled storage facility, ranging between zero degrees Fahrenheit & ambient temperature
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends
- 1-3 years of Supervisory Experience focused in Receiving in a Warehouse.
- Experience working within WMS (Highjump preferred)
- Must be proficient with computer hardware & software. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint required. Experience with Google Sheets & Suite preferred.
- Food & Beverage experience preferred.
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive! Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.