Federal Contracts Manager
The Federal Contracts Manager is responsible for "cradle-to-grave" contract administration, management & negotiation of Appians contractual matters with the U.S. Federal Government & related entities.
This is a highly visible position that requires experience, coordination, communication & follow up with Appians management & operations staff. This position also requires regular interaction with external customers in accordance with Appian policies & procedures, applicable laws, customer requirements & sound business judgment.
This role is at Appian HQ which is currently located in Reston, VA. Appian HQ will move to Tysons Corner, VA in late summer/early fall of 2019.
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Teaming agreements
- Proposal terms/RFP responses
- Subcontractor agreements
- Statements of work
- Software evaluation agreements
- Software license agreements
Background & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and/or qualities:
- Bachelors degree with 7+ years of experience in commercial contract administration, management & negotiations, demonstrating increasing responsibility. Enterprise software contract experience involving sales to the Federal Government (including GSA obligations) is absolutely required.
- Experience with non-standard contract change requests, contract terminations, contract modifications, & changes in scope
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently, taking the initiative to handle complex contractual challenges, prioritizing multiple ongoing projects, & developing quick turn-around contract management strategies
- Excellent problem solving, organizational & communications skills
- Demonstrated effective writing & interpersonal skills
- Skilled with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point & other software products as required
- Solid business judgment
Commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.