Group Nine Media is looking for a Social Producer to join us for 5 months who will create original content, curate user generated content, coordinate influencer outreach, & branded Instagram stories for POPSUGARs Instagram channels, with a focus on @POPSUGARHome. Our ideal candidate has their finger on the pulse of pop-culture news, whats trending in home decor, food, lifestyle, travel, & is equipped with the storytelling & social media skills to effortlessly translate it all to Instagram Stories & Reels. This is a full-time contract position in New York.
- A passion for & understanding of lifestyle content as it pertains to millennial & Gen Z women you know whats trending, take an inclusive approach to covering different types of content, & have a passion for all things under the lifestyle umbrella.
- A demonstrated understanding of Instagram tools & best practices
- An interest in using insights & data to evaluate the performance of Instagram content & to guide future content & creative concepts
- The ability to juggle a variety of projects while producing high-quality work & maintaining a positive attitude
- Willingness to explore & work on new & emerging social media platforms & tools
- A high degree of drive, energy, accountability & initiative
- Program & create daily, trending, & feature-style Instagram Stories & Reels for the POPSUGAR Home Instagram account
- Maintain a deep understanding of Instagram & Instagram Stories & what kind of content works there. Must be an expert with the platforms tools, how to use them creatively, & be able to create a compelling & cohesive story across several slides
- Contribute to, engage with, & brainstorm ideas for all POPSUGAR Instagram accounts on both stories & feed
- Collaborate with brand partners on native Instagram Stories as needed
- At least 2-3 years of experience in social media, editorial, or social-media marketing
- Experience producing content for short-form social platforms (Snapchat and/or Instagram Stories) & an understanding of how to produce & optimize vertical content
- Must be comfortable on set & in the field, & demonstrate tact & professionalism around celebrity guests & brand partners
- Strong writing & communication skills
- A genuine interest in & aptitude for fitness, sports, & pop culture
- Available to work occasional nights, weekends, & holidays as needed
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.
POPSUGAR is the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. according to Comscore [Comscore, February 2020]. The company reaches young women through its positive & purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, & more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States & leads all womens lifestyle publishers in user engagement [Comscore & Platform Analytics, 2019]. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., & home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist & Seeker [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].