VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm. Initiated in 2018, it officially launched in 2020 as a new type of firm for modern brands to partner with to drive sustainable growth. VaynerCommerce is a digital-first firm that takes an engineering approach to driving sustainable growth. It was started by former early Shopify Plus employees, & was born from the frustration that brands were left with no good options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce services as a strategic partner, with an implementation arm across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, & merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their Direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works across Fortune 100, Venture Capital, & Private Equity-backed consumer brands.
Were rigorous about how we build our team, & the work we focus on. Were building some of the most complex solutions in the world of Commerce which requires hard work, collaborative teams, & creative problem solving.
What You Will Do:
The Creative Strategist supports VaynerCommerce growth engagement & performance teams on ensuring were leveraging real time quantitative & qualitative insights to feed our creative execution. This role is highly cross-functional, collaborating closely with the growth & media teams to analyze & implement data-driven recommendations to improve outcomes for creative approach. Then working with Vayner Creators to execute that approach. Creative Strategists can stretch from giving insights for new creative in the acquisition process to coming up with an SMS campaign based on insights.
You are the pilot of the volume model. Constantly making course corrections & adjustments based on data to ensure that all of our creative performs at a high level. You have 5 key areas that you excel at:
- Understanding & defining the aspects of a Brand that will most connect with a consumers needs, & using that information to create ads that grab their attention.
- Writing copy that converts. Whether its in paid social ads, on a clients website, or in retention focused emails & SMS, your writing is the first step in converting the customer.
- Collaborating with Vayner Creators to make finely tuned creative & serving as the last line of quality control.
- Recognizing trends in the data that highlight opportunities to improve creative & solve weaknesses in the funnel.
- Long term thinking. Anticipating client needs before the arise & building plans to keep creation running like a well-oiled machine.
- Take ownership of a variety of clients' creative strategy & execution from ideation through post-production
- Develop insights & deep analysis of creative performance across multiple platforms, & use these insights to inform future creative plans
- Work closely with Vayner Creators to execute the creative plan. Write briefs & copy for individual ads & email/SMS, & provide detailed feedback to guide Creators in executing your briefs
- Collaborate with inter-agency departments & teams to develop a variety of content needs that meets creative & strategic criteria (client briefs, feedback, client KPIs, etc.), & delivers on measurable business results for your client
- Operate as quality control for all creative developed for your clients
- Act as a dotted line to Creative Lead to ensure creative excellence & meeting of brand objectives
- Create detailed pitch decks that explain your creative approach to the Creative Lead & to the client
- Assist in the development of productions such as photo & video shoots. Be able to explain your vision to Creators
- Must understand, articulate, & strategically apply the latest platform, industry, creative trends, & digital best practices, always seeking the next opportunity for your brands
- Assist Creative Lead in streamlining creative processes to improve team structure at a wider level, providing input on wider operational systems as needed. If you see an inefficiency, call it out!
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of advertising experience, developing & creating for digital / social strategies + campaigns. Bachelor's degree a plus
- A strong understanding of what makes good copy & how to connect to a diverse customer base
- Experience with Facebook Ads Manager & an understanding of terms like: ROAS, CTR, CVR
- Be adaptable, understanding & enforcing that a big idea can come from anywhere
- Understanding of industry & digital best practices coupled with a strong knowledge of platform/Industry/creative trends, in order to articulate & strategically apply to creative executions
- Have a strong creative vision & understanding of client/ agency business needs & objectives, with a strong understanding of a brand in different spaces
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Quick learner
- High EQ
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Some design or production experience (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc)
- Can combine creativity & analytics with the ability to convert into a story
- Innate curiosity & ability to adapt + be flexible, whether with new tools, platforms, processes, etc.
- Passionate about lead generation, retention marketing, & driving bottom line results. Loves growth hacking
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial company & drive immediate results
- Youre incredibly passionate about the Direct-To-Consumer space
- You love to push the boundaries of creative thinking & content
- Youre not romantically attached to creative but instead love to leverage data & insights to inform your creative approach