Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilisation & storytelling to help leading organisations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organising, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Were excited to continue building our Digital Campaigns team with a new Media Buyer role. You will have the opportunity to work as a digital campaigner, with an emphasis on delivering elevated visibility for our campaign content through paid media a pivotal need for our campaigns to deliver lasting social impact. You will lead & have ownership of the paid campaigns you work on, & will be an advocate for digital paid with a strong POV. You will work with Purposes global Digital & Campaigns departments to develop strategically-informed, innovative & competitive paid media programs for our clients & campaigns.
You will be responsible for working with teams across the globe involved in Digital, Campaigning, Impact, Measurement & Learning, & Creative functions. In collaboration with those teams, you will work across the full spectrum of the campaigning process.
You will work with creatives & strategists to research, ideate & plan how to leverage paid media to drive social impact. You will work with other campaigners to plot out & implement campaign tactics, which include developing optimised user journeys with impact-driven conversion endpoints. Finally, you will work with IML to measure the impact of your work, through the use of analytics tools to both assess our paid programs, identify insights from them in order to further optimise, & report using ad platform data in combination with web analytics & social listening, while also helping to innovate altogether new methods of measuring impact.
We are open to candidates based in & around London or based in & around New York City. Purpose is currently working within the remote/hybrid model.
This role is offered at the Manager tier, which has a salary range of 50,000 - 60,000/ $80,000 - $95,000 per year, commensurate with experience + benefits.
- Coordinate, train, & collaborate with internal teams & advise clients on digital paid media strategy
- Lead efforts to implement paid media strategies on our clients behalf.
- Launch, operate & optimise social media, video, display, search & programmatic advertising campaigns -- including placing buys, tracking spend, & reporting -- with the assistance of associate Digital campaigners across geographies.
- Innovate new approaches to paid media use considering how digital advertising tools can be repositioned in the context of social impact.
- Analyse & track paid media performance - recommending creative pivots & tracking experiment results for our client & campaigns.
- Set, meet, & beat goals such as CPA, CPC, CTR, etc (everything but CPD) & keep ads spending on track.
- In coordination with the Impact, Learning & Measurement team, design & execute tests that optimise & learn on behalf of our projects & clients.
- Keep abreast of restrictions & requirements implemented by major platforms on issue advertisers & assist clients & internal teams in working with & around those restrictions to reach our audiences.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends & best practices for paid media & find innovative ways to integrate them into our campaigns.
- Manage & report using audience research capabilities, including keyword research & social listening tools such as Meltwater.
- Track & manage creative approvals processes (including specs, compliance, & best practices) for digital paid campaigns.
- Support on pitching & winning new business with paid media components & paid media projects by sharing benefits, setting expectations, & educating clients & internal teams about the value & expectations of paid media distribution.
- You have 4-6 years of experience with digital media planning & trading including social (especially TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter) SEO & programmatic -- traditional TV, out of home, & CRM-based influencer marketing experience are a bonus!
- You are passionate about following the latest ad trends -- especially in issue & advocacy spaces, tracking campaign performance, & developing our internal memory & competency in paid media.
- You are energized by trying out new platforms, tactics, & creative approaches, & are on the lookout for exciting opportunities to expand your experience on these platforms.
- You are comfortable training Digital campaigners on paid media planning, trading, tracking, & best practices, as well as reporting out learnings & performance, & interfacing with clients & potential clients.
- This role can be based out of our New York or London offices. As a role with global responsibilities you will occasionally be asked to work outside of standard office hours in your geography.
- You are excited to work with a diverse team & international team members.
- You are a key contributor to building a Diverse, Equitable & Inclusive work environment.
Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge & are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity & expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veterans status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation & beliefs.